South Indian food is quite versatile, and a simple idli or dosa batter can be used to prepare various dishes. One of the dishes that are very popular as breakfast snacks are appe. You can cook this simple appe in no time. If you have leftover idli batter at home but do not wish to eat idlis, you can check out the appe recipe and make small, fried balls of idli batter fondly referred to as appe. Kids also love these roundels or shallow fried dumplings. They can carry them in tiffin. It is an excellent source of energy that would keep them active and energetic.
Look for the instant appam recipe and enjoy them with coconut chutney and sambhar at any time of the day. If you do not have leftover idli batter, no problems, you can make rava appe at home. Rava appe is equally easy and hassle-free. Also known as the suji appe, it uses semolina or suji mixed with sour curd and shallow fry in the appe pan to make perfect suji dumplings. The rice appe recipe is quite popular on the West Coast of the Konkan area. It is called by multiple names in South India like appe, paddu, gulittu, guliappa, gundponglu, yeriyappa, and ponganalu. When you feel like having something different as your breakfast snack, try this appe recipe.
Cuisine and Course
South-Indian cuisine, Breakfast, Snack
Rice- 200 grams
Black Gram- 50 grams
Poha- 25 grams
Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- 5-6
Green chilis- Finely chopped
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Onions- 2 finely chopped
Coarsely grounded roasted peanuts- ¼ cup
Asafoetida- 1 pinch
The appe batter is made up of urad dal and rice. Both ingredients are soaked separately and grind to make a smooth batter. Mixed lentils can be added to this batter like urad dal, chana dal, and flattened rice. The Rava appam recipe ingredients are also readily available in Indian kitchens. It is also a healthy and nutritious breakfast snack option that is made using minimum oil. Here we bring you a simple and easy-to-follow appe recipe that tops the list of appe pan recipes. Try this one of the best appe recipes and have a hearty breakfast.
- When following the appe recipe, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Wash and clean urad dal, poha, and rice.
- Soak them separately in water for a couple of hours.
- Drain excess water and grind all ingredients in a grinder jar until you get a finely ground batter.
- Adjust the water in the batter to get a finer consistency.
- Allow the batter to ferment for eight hours.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and saute them.
- Add roasted peanut powder, and then add this tadka to the batter.
- Pour the batter in the non-stick appe pan. If using a regular pan, grease the moulds well.
- Cover the pan and heat it on low flame.
- After a couple of minutes, turn the appe using a spoon to get roasted on the other side.
- Take it out on a plate and serve with sambhar and coconut chutney.
When making suji appe, follow the suji appam recipe. It is an instant recipe that is made using semolina, sour curd, and baking soda. There are many variations of appe recipes. You can also follow sweet appe recipe, sabudana appe recipe, and more.
Appe has helped many people enjoy healthy snacks and breakfast. Follow the recipe carefully and enjoy them. The appe dish recipe has now become globally popular.