Gobi Manchurian is an Indian-Chinese dish of fried cauliflower florets tossed in a spicy, sweet, and umami sauce. It’s one of the best party starters you can get. With this simple gobi Manchurian recipe, you can make the very tasty Gobi Manchurian by following this recipe of veg Manchurian at home.
- For boiling:
4 cup water
½ tsp salt
2 cup cauliflower florets
For frying the florets:
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1/2 tsp vinegar (optional)
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1 cup 1 tablespoon water
- For making the gravy:
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 spring onion whites, finely chopped
1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato & chilli sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp soya sauce
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
Spring onion greens
- How to prepare the cauliflower florets?
- To begin, chop or break the gobi (cauliflower) florets into medium or small pieces.
- Boil water with salt. Add the cauliflower florets to the boiling water after rinsing them. Cover and blanch the cauliflower florets for 15 to 20 minutes in the water. Drain and set aside later.
- Combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cornflour, 1/4 cup rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, and salt to taste in a bowl to make the batter.
- Whisk in 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water to make a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter.
- In a Kadai (frying pan), heat the oil over medium heat. Put 5 to 6 florets into the oil and deep-fry over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain and transfer deep-fried florets to a plate using a paper napkin. The remaining florets should be deep-fried.
- How to make the cauliflower Manchurian sauce?
- There’s no need to add any more oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon finely sliced ginger and 4 garlic cloves coarsely diced to the same pan. Sauté for a few moments.
- Then add 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum and 2 finely chopped spring onion whites (scallion whites) (green bell pepper). Increase the heat to high and stir fry the capsicum until it is half cooked or almost done.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce,1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (as needed) and salt to taste. Mix everything for the Gobi Manchurian recipe.
- Making the cauliflower Manchurian dry recipe
- Toss the Manchurian sauce with the pan-fried cauliflower florets.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure that the spicy sauce evenly coats the cauliflower florets. Finally, add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and mix thoroughly. Turn off the stove.
- Toss in the chopped spring onion greens before serving, or use them as a garnish.
Serving Ideas for Gobi Manchurian
Serve it as a starter or appetiser, with Chinese fried rice or Schezwan fried rice as a side dish.
TinyTips and Variations for Gobi Manchurian
- If you leave deep-fried florets out for an extended period, they will soften and lose their crunchiness.
- To acquire the crispy gobi Manchurian, serve this meal right away.
- Soak cauliflower florets in boiling salted water for 15 minutes to clean them.
- If you try to deep-fry all of the florets at once, they may not cook evenly.
Now you can easily make gobi Manchurian restaurant-style at your home using this Gobi Manchurian recipe. This healthy gobi Manchurian will be an instant favourite that you or your loved ones can enjoy. You can also make the cauliflower Manchurian gravy by adding gravy components by following the gobi Manchurian gravy recipe.
1. Is it possible to prepare it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator?
No, you can’t make it ahead of time since the florets will become soggy.
2. Is it possible to make it crispy with rice flour?
Yes, you can make it crispy by using half rice flour and half maida.
3. Is it required to use garlic paste?
It is possible to make this dish without using garlic paste, but the flavour will be different.
4. How many calories are in a gobi Manchurian recipe for one?
Gobi manchurian calories: 294.7g