Rice is one of the major food options enjoyed by people, irrespective of where they reside. For North Indians, it is a popular side dish enjoyed with the main meal, while for South Indians, it is a staple food. You can enjoy rice in multiple variations, but the jeera rice recipe is top-rated and easy to make. Jeera rice can be made using two methods. One is home-cooked style, and the other is restaurant-style. Depending on the occasion, mood, interest, and preference, you can try any method when following the recipe at home.
When making jeera rice in cooker, ensure using high-quality basmati rice and ghee to bring out the best flavour and fragrance. It will also ensure that every grain of rice comes out non-sticky, fluffy, and flavourful. Only a handful of jeera rice ingredients are needed to prepare them. Thus, whether you are having guests at home or feel like enjoying this dish with a curry-based dish or daal tadka, prepare it at home and enjoy. You can also enjoy it with vegetable raita. So don your chef cap and get started to follow an amazing jeera rice recipe that is sure to keep your taste buds satiated.
Cuisine and Course
Indian cuisine, Side Dish
Basmati Rice- ½ cup
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Clarified butter/ ghee- 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera- 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander- 1 tbsp
Water- For soaking and boiling
How to prepare jeera rice?
As discussed above, the combination of daal and jeera fried rice is hit and popular among religions, regions, and countries. It is a quick and easy-to-make recipe that doesn’t require exceptional culinary skills. Moreover, you can make jeera rice in two different ways—one in a pressure cooker and another in a pot. Let us understand jeera rice preparation in both ways. You can also watch the jeera rice video to understand the recipe properly.
- Jeera rice in a cooker
When making jeera rice in a cooker, you need to:
- Rinse and wash basmati rice properly under running water.
- Soak it for twenty minutes.
- Drain the water and set it aside.
- Take ghee in a cooker and add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, mace, and bay leaf.
- You can add only jeera if you are particular about preparing the jeera rice recipe.
- Saute them and allow them to roast until it starts smelling fragrant.
- Add drained basmati rice and fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Ensure the rice grains stay intact and do not break while tossing.
- Pour 2 ½ cup water, salt and stir it lightly.
- Pressure cook for one whistle.
- Open the cover, add ghee, and serve it with dal and raita when the pressure releases.
- You can also make jeera rice in a rice cooker.
Jeera Rice Restaurant Style
When making jeera rice restaurant-style, you need to follow the recipe given above but cook them in an open pot instead of a cooker. This recipe uses pre-cooked rice that is tempered using various spices, onions, etc. Add more whole spices to cooked basmati rice to turn it more fragrant, aromatic, and flavorsome. It will give you the perfect restaurant-style jeera rice.
When planning to make something special, check out the jeera rice recipe video and learn the authentic recipe step by step. This recipe is explained in easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions. With most ingredients readily available in every kitchen, following a proper jeera rice recipe is not tricky.