Kadai Chicken is one of the most flavorsome, delicious, and spicy dishes most non-vegetarian lovers love. A lot of ingredients are added to it to enhance its flavour, taste, and aroma. This dish is an excellent source of protein and a perfect main dish to enjoy with naan, lachha paratha, roomali roti, or simple chapatis. It is known as kadai chicken as it is cooked and simmered on a slow flame in a kadai or a wok.
Since this dish is an integral part of the non-veg menu at every restaurant, many people love relishing it whenever they visit a pleasant, fine-dining place. It is not tough to cook this dish at home. Check out the kadai chicken recipe and make it at home. Collect necessary ingredients and get ready to whip up this delicacy in your kitchen. Serve it to your friends and family, or woo your guests with your exceptional cooking skills. Here is how to make chicken kadai.
- Main ingredients
Boneless chicken pieces- ½ kg
Ginger-garlic paste- ½ tsp-1 tsp
Finely chopped onions- 3-4 medium-sized
Fennel seeds- ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
Tomato puree- 3-4 tomatoes
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
Salt- To taste
Turmeric- ¼ tsp
Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp
Dry red chilli- 3-4
Whole peppercorns- 3-4
Kasuri methi- ¼ tsp
Fresh cream- 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds- ¼ tsp
Ghee- 1 tsp
Yoghurt- 2 tsp
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Kadai Chicken is a royal dish and perfect for a royal spread. Spend time at every step of this recipe to bring out its best flavours and aroma. Follow the instructions given below to know how to prepare Kadai chicken or how to cook Kadai chicken at home.
- How to prepare Kadai Chicken?
- Start with preparing marination for the kadai chicken.
- Take lemon juice, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and ginger garlic paste in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add properly cleaned chicken pieces to it and set them aside for 30 minutes so that chicken well absorbs flavours.
- Dry roast cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds, dry red chilis, and black peppercorns on a low-medium flame.
- Allow the roasted spices to cool and grind them in a grinder.
- Heat vegetable oil and ghee in a pan.
- Add cinnamon, black cardamom, and bay leaves and allow them to crackle for some time.
- Add finely chopped onions and stir it continuously until brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chilli, tomato puree, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the finely ground masala and marinated chicken to it.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk all-purpose flour and yoghurt and add to the mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add some water and let it cook for some time on medium flame.
- Add diced onions, capsicum, and allow it to cook on a low flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala, fresh cream, Kasuri methi, and freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
You can keep it dry or add some water to prepare Kadai chicken gravy. It is easier to enjoy kadai chicken curry with pulao or rice. Following the recipe given above, you can cook kadai chicken restaurant style.
TinyTips for making Kadai chicken like a pro
- Follow a proper kadai chicken gravy recipe for authentic flavour and taste.
- Ensure you have basic kadai chicken ingredients to bring out the perfect taste from this recipe.
- Look for the best boneless chicken pieces to prepare the boneless kadai chicken recipe.
Learn how to cook kadhai chicken and entertain your guests with a delectable Indian dish. Your guests are sure to enjoy the fantastic flavours melting in their mouths.