Macaroni originates from Italy. Mac and cheese recipe is one of the most loved variants of this food and is a timeless treasure. Some people consider Macaroni and Pasta to be the same. However, Pasta is a general term for leavened dough made of wheat flour. You can make the dough with or without eggs. Macaroni is a type of dry pasta in the shape of narrow tubes. Macaroni is cut into short-length tubes, and the ones with curves are known as elbow Macaroni. People of all age groups love macaroni. Macaroni Recipe is a quick and easy-to-fix tasty dish.
This recipe is an Indian macaroni recipe style, or you can call it vegetable macaroni. Your kids will love it while they get to eat the nutritious vegetables along with it.
Cuisine and Course
Indian variant, Snack, Lunch or Dinner
Pasta Macaroni: 250 grams
Cheddar Cheese: 50 grams
Capsicum (Green bell pepper): 1
Red Bell Pepper: 1
Yellow Bell Pepper: 1
Sweet Corn: ¼ cup
Onion: 2 medium-sized
Tomato Ketchup: 4 tablespoon
Butter: 2 tablespoon
White Pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
Red Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: To taste
Water: 5 cups
Follow this easy recipe and prepare this amazingly lip-smacking dish.
- Wash the vegetables and chop them and keep them aside. You can blanch the chopped carrots in advance to make the cooking easier.
- Take a pan, add water and boil the macaroni on medium flame until they turn soft. It is a good idea to boil them for 10 minutes and then soak them in cold water. This will prevent the macaroni from sticking together.
- Now, take a Wok (kadhai) and heat butter on medium flame. Once the butter melts, add onion and the chopped vegetables to saute them until they become tender.
- Once the vegetables are sauted, add tomato ketchup, chilli powder, white pepper powder, and salt as per taste. Give it a good stir in the wok and let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- The next step is to add the macaroni to the vegetable mix in the wok, gently stir it and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes. You may put a portion of the grated cheese in the wok to melt and cook it together.
- Once the cooking is over, transfer the cooked macaroni to a plate and garnish it with grated cheese on the top.
Now that you have understood the macaroni recipe, you can try multiple variants of the recipe, depending on your preferred diet type. You can make chicken macaroni; if you are on a Keto diet, why not try Keto macaroni? It will satisfy your cheese craving and give you the high amount of protein required in your meal. You can try various tasty recipes such as masala macaroni or macaroni salad.
You can store cooked or the left-over pasta in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated for upto 3 days. Reheat in the microwave and serve.
Nutritional Facts: 116 calories in 1 cup of cooked vegetable macaroni recipe for a common serving size.
Calorie breakdown: 1% fat, 85% carbs, and 14% protein.
Learn how to cook a macaroni recipe and prepare it at home. Make this macaroni and cheese recipe at home, and it will give your tastebuds a unique experience. You can also make macaroni salad, add spices to make spicy macaroni, or make healthy macaroni recipes. Kids, adults, people of all ages will love it. It is delicious comfort food that is highly customizable, with plenty of room for you to try out the variations with different ingredients and preparations. Make your signature version of the macaroni recipe today!