Vegetarians love paneer or cottage cheese-related dishes. One of the popular dishes among people of all ages is matar paneer. It is a gravy-based dish with diced cottage cheese and fresh peas. Herbs and spices added to it enhance its flavour and taste. Its creamy, super flavoursome, and delicious taste makes it super-hit and a must for every party and get-together.
Fresh or frozen peas increase their nutritional value. Serve it with butter naan, regular hot chapatis, parathas, or basmati rice and enjoy its mouth-watering taste. Check out the matar paneer recipe and cook it at home with your personal touch. If you don’t know how to make matar paneer, follow the detailed recipe given below. You can also check out matar paneer video to understand the different steps of the recipe.
- Main ingredients
Paneer- 200 grams
Green peas- 1 cup
Garam Masala- 1tsp
Kasuri Methi- ¼ tsp
Cream- 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Red Chili Powder- ¼ tsp
Salt- to taste
Coriander powder- ½ tsp
Freshly chopped coriander leaves
Oil- 1 tbsp
Matar paneer is a vegetarian dish that is served with chapatis, rice, naan, or parathas. It is easy to cook and can be prepared in no time. Its nutritional value is high due to cottage cheese which is rich in protein. Go easy on oil or cream to keep matar paneer calories in check. The taste and flavour of homemade matar paneer are divine. Follow the matar paneer recipe dhaba style and get ready for a royal feast.
- How to prepare matar paneer?
- Take oil in a pan and heat it a little.
- Add ginger, garlic, cardamom, and saute for some time.
- Add chopped onions until it turns golden brown.
- Now add salt, turmeric, and diced tomatoes.
- Saute until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add cashews and turn off the flame.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind this mixture in a grinder until it turns creamy in texture.
- Heat oil in a pan and add matar paneer ingredients like bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle
- Add tomato, onion puree, red chilli powder, sugar, coriander powder, garam masala, and other spices to the hot oil.
- Saute this mix until it thickens.
- Add boiled fresh or frozen peas to the mix.
- Add water to the mix and allow peas to get cooked.
- Add diced and cubed paneer, green chilli, and Kasuri methi.
- Adjust salt after adding all the ingredients as per your taste.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and add cream and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- It is now ready to serve.
Follow this matar paneer restaurant-style recipe and enjoy its unique creamy taste. This dhaba style matar paneer is loved by people of all ages. It is an easy matar paneer recipe that even beginners can try.
TinyTips for making matar paneer like a pro
- Use fresh peas instead of frozen peas to get the best flavour in this best matar paneer recipe.
- Learn how make matar paneer and follow the steps properly for the best flavour.
- Soak store-bought paneer for 15-20 minutes in warm water to get its best softer texture.
- You can also store this matar paneer gravy for some time. Use air-tight glass containers to keep it fresh for a long time.
This matar paneer simple recipe is perfectly suitable for inexperienced people or just a beginner in the kitchen. Follow the recipe properly and use all matar paneer ingredients to bring out its best aroma, taste, and flavour.