Indians love eating vegetables, and what better way to enjoy them than mixed vegetable curry. This recipe is usually made in winters when there are a lot of vegetable choices available. With many veggies available in the off-season, too, it is prepared all through the year. It is a delicious dish that you can enjoy with hot pooris, rotis, and rice.
Vegetarians love mixed vegetable curry as it gives them a lot of veggies in one dish. It is delicious and nutritious. It is easy on the gut, and you can enjoy it as a main dish during lunch or dinner. This mixed vegetable curry recipe is perfect for kids and senior citizens as it gives them the necessary nutrition for good health. Choose any combination of vegetables and enjoy them thoroughly. The mixed vegetable curry calories are not too high and are thus, perfect for diet or calories conscious people.
- Main ingredients
Oil- 3 tbsp
Cottage cheese diced and cubed- 12 cubes
Blanched almonds- 2 tbsp
Chopped potatoes- 1
Chopped carrot- ½ cup
Gobhi florets- ½ cup
Chopped beans- 4
Fresh peas- ¼ cup
Capsicum- ½ cup
Chopped tomatoes- 2
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Cardamom -2 pods
Cumin- 1 tsp
Bay leaf- 1
Finely chopped onion- 1
Green chilli- 1
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric- ¼ tsp
Garam masala- ½ tsp
Kashmiri red chilli- ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Water- 1 cup
Yoghurt- ½ cup
Cream- 2 tbsp
Freshly chopped coriander leaves- 1 cup
Add Coconut milk to make mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk.
Follow this Indian mixed vegetable curry and prepare an amazingly mouth-watering dish.
Mixed vegetable curry is one of the most popular vegetarian dishes that can be enjoyed with rice, rotis, parathas, or pooris. It is easy to cook and is high in nutritional value. Here is how mixed vegetable curry dry is prepared.
- How to prepare mixed vegetable curry?
- Heat oil in a pan and add spices to it.
- Saute for some time.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped onions to it.
- Stir them continuously.
- Add tomato puree and stir it until it mixes well.
- Add spices and cook well.
- Add whisked curd and keep stirring.
- Add roasted mixed vegetables, almonds, and panner.
- Add water and cook it for 10 minutes with a closed lid.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add Kasuri methi and whipped cream.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Once you have understood how to prepare mixed vegetable curry, try it every time you have guests at home and give them the taste of seasonal vegetables cooked in unique spices. Mixed vegetable masala curry is a versatile dish and is perfect for lunch or dinner. If you want your kids to have a healthy and nutritious diet, this dish is ideal for them.
TinyTips for making mixed vegetable curry like a pro
- Prepare this dish right before you are sitting for your meal to enjoy its amazing flavour and taste.
- Use fresh vegetables so that it has desired crunch in them.
- Add veggies in the easy mixed vegetable curry recipe as per their cook times so that all veggies are neither undercooked nor overcooked.
- You can garnish the mixed vegetable curry with fresh cubes of cottage cheese for added nutrition.
- When cooking this dish, if gravy thickens, add warm water to adjust its consistency.
Learn how to cook mixed vegetable curry and prepare it once in a while for your family or guests. It will serve dual purposes. It will give you a chance to enjoy a delectable mixed vegetable curry dish and meet your nutritional requirements.