What is paneer Frankie?
Looking for an evening snack or a brunch or left with leftover atta dough and not wanting to eat the all-time roti. An amazing snack that is loaded with spicy paneer stuffing and delicious cheese rolled inside a buttery roti.
Paneer, the most protein-enriched dairy, has now made its way through households across India, so overall healthy eating with taste. What can be better for children lunch boxes other than Paneer Frankie, which is rich in protein full of veggies
Are you wondering how to make paneer Frankie? Make paneer tikka and paratha and roll it out. For a healthy and tasty dish, follow the paneer roll recipe or paneer Frankie recipe below.
Paneer – 200 Gms
Curd – 3 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 Tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 Tsp
Salt – 1/2 Tsp
Juice Of 1/2 Lemon
Oil – 2 Tsp
- To Make Mint & Coriander Chutney
Green Chili – 2 Nos
Garlic – 2 Cloves
Juice Of 1/2 Lemon
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 Tsp
Curd – 2 Tsp
Kala Namak – 1/4 Tsp
- To Make Vegetable Salad
Onion – 1 No. Thinly Sliced
Capsicum – 1 No. Thinly Sliced
Carrot – 1 No.
Chaat Masala – 1 Tsp (Optional)
- How to prepare paneer Frankie?
- Preparing Frankie recipe paneer Marination
- Take the chopped paneer in the bowl and add all the ingredients
- Mix it very well and cover it properly
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes and let it marinate.
- Preparing Green Chutney
- Take a mixer jar and add all the ingredients.
- Add about one tablespoon of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of curd.
- Bring them to a smooth paste.
- Add black salt as per taste.
- Making Veg Salad for Paneer Kathi Roll
- Slice all the veggies thinly.
- Take all the veggies in the bowl and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- Add some salt as per taste.
- Mix everything well and keep aside.
- Kneading Dough to Make the paneer Frankie roll recipe
- Take 1 cup atta and ½ tablespoon of salt and oil.
- Then add ½ cup water in parts.
- Start to knead the dough and add water as required to knead the dough properly.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Making Rotis for Paneer Kathi Roll
- Divide the dough into smaller and medium-sized balls depending upon the size of the roll you want to make.
- Taking the help of flour gently roll it into rotis.
- Place a cast-iron pan or any heavy bottom skillet at medium heat.
- Roll the shaped dough into a thin circle evenly. Roll gently from the centre to outward.
- Drizzle a little oil to medium-hot skillet and place the rolled paratha.
- Gently press and keep rotating the paratha on the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, drizzle a little oil on top and flip.
- Cook for one minute while gently pressing. Make sure to press the edges as that part takes more time to cook. Flip and cook for a minute. Continue flipping and cooking until you see golden brown spots all over. Take it off the skillet.
- Making Frankie paneer for Paneer Roll
- Take a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil, heat it, and add the marinated cubes.
- Turn over the cubes until the marination is cooked well and the paneer turns soft.
- Cook the cubes for around 4 minutes.
- Once the panner is done, remove the pan.
- Assembling And Making Paneer Kathi Roll
- Take on roti
- Spread the chutney over it.
- Place the paneer tikka cubes and top with veg salad.
- Roll both the sides of the roti and make it a wrap.
- How to serve Paneer Frankie
- Cover the Frankie with butter paper or aluminum foil ¾ or ½ way thru and enjoy the hot Frankie.
- Serve paneer Kathi roll with the tomato ketchup or any other chutney like sez wan. You can also add some of the veg salad as a garnish on the paneer roll.
- If you are keeping the paneer for marination for more than 30 minutes, then refrigerate it.
- Refrigerate the chutney if to be used later.
- Do not cook too much as then the paneer will become dense; cook on medium-low flame. Timing will vary with the thickness of the pan, the intensity of the flame, etc.
- If you are packing paneer roll for the tiffin box, you can skip adding chutney and salad and wrap it alone in a foil.
Paneer Frankie is a healthy and delicious, and easy-to-make recipe. Follow the recipe to make the stuff as required and add veggies and chutney varieties according to the taste. A rich diet with protein and vitamin-enriched what can be better than it. Whether it is for lunch boxes or just a brunch, you should go for it.