Veg Nuggets are well-known crispy and tasty snacks or starters. It can be an excellent alternative in vegetarian to chicken nuggets. It is extremely easy to make and can become a favorite snack for your toddlers or kids. With the goodness of a wide variety of vegetables included, this can be so delicious and mouth watery.
Looking for guidance in preparing these crispy veggie nuggets? This article gives you a clear-cut idea of the preparation of veggie nuggets.
All About Crispy Veg Nuggets
Cuisine and Course
Potatoes – 200 grams or two large sized
Carrots – 100 grams or 1 medium
Green Peas – 50 grams or a half cup
Ginger garlic Mix – 1 teaspoon
Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 3 tablespoons chopped
Rice Flakes – three fourth cup puled
Cheese – one cup grated
- Optional Ingredients
Any Vegetables of choice
Vegan cheese or tofu
how to make veg nuggets
- Here is your guide for veg nuggets recipe :
- Using a mixer, grinder or blender to grind ¾ cup poha or rice flakes.
- Boil two large-sized potatoes, one medium-sized carrot, and three-fourths cups of green peas. Peel and mash the potatoes and other veggies.
- Add a half teaspoon of red chilli powder, half teaspoon garam masala powder, half tablespoon roasted cumin powder, and three tablespoons of Coriander leaves to the mashed veggies. Add salt to taste after that.
- Add one cup full of grated cheese and blend well.
- Add three tablespoons poha or rice flakes crumbs and blend well. Try to make a nugget shape from the mix and add more poha if it doesn’t hold shape.
- Without any lumps, mix 2 tablespoons of cornflour in a quarter cup of water.
- Splash a small ball from the mixture into small nuggets.
- Douse the nuggets in cornflour slurry. Repeat the same and roll balance poha crumbs.
- Take a pan and heat the oil for deep frying. Once the oil gets heat, place the nuggets carefully and fry until the colour turns slightly golden. Turn it to the next side and wait till golden colour. Using a kitchen towel or tissue paper, remove excess oil and serve hot. And yes, your vegetable nuggets are ready.
- How to Fry Veg Nuggets?
- Heat oil in a deep and thick pan to fry the nuggets.
- Mix the nuggets in cornflour smash. Roll over all the poha crumbs. Deep fry them in heated oil.
- You can also shallow fry if you choose to be oil-less. Just take a shallow pan and fry all the nuggets in two or three tablespoons of oil.
Can Oven be Used for nuggets?
Just like how you bake veg patties, you can also make nuggets in the oven.
All you need to do is preheat the oven at 180 C / 350 F. Take a grease baking tray and place all the shaped nuggets. Let it bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Flip the nuggets if required. Bake for some more time until they become crispy and dry. Serve them hot with some red chutney or sauce to get the best veggie nuggets flavour.
TinyTips, Notes, and Variations for the nuggets recipe:
- Give a good texture to nuggets by adding cheese. If you are a fan of cheese, these veg cheese nuggets are of your type.
- Choose grated paneer or tofu in place of cheese.
- Try veg nuggets with panko crumbs or bread crumbs.
- Use Chilli flakes, pepper powder, and dried herbs or seasoning for a divergent flavour.
- Try tandoori veggie nuggets for a different occasion and flavour.
Delicious and crispy nuggets melt very fast in your mouth and pop you with different flavours. You can try them with a different sauce such as Szechuan and chutneys to experience different flavours and tastes. Nuggets veg has a soft, cheesy interior with a crispy exterior to make your mouth a yum blast.